Pages

Tuesday 12 February 2013

Feb 7th

Received my shipping notice yesterday. My new sewing/embroidery machine will be arriving on Feb 13th. Not only is it the day before Valentines but it's also the anniversary of me and my honey's first date. Wow 14 years!

I've been reading tons of blogs on different quilting subjects. Many blogs link to other blog listings. What an incredible community of quilters.

I rarely get to a current page in most blogs from the initial links usually they link to an older page. I have to say the majority are really great. There are few that I've book marked - not ready to be a follower or release my blog yet (not sure if I ever will post it)

The unfortunate thing is, I'll be working my way to current in a blog and all of a sudden they have a new site. I click on the new site and it morphed from a fun blog to non stop posts of praising the products they are given by sponsors. Not all sites have done this, a simple I tried this thread or fabric supplied by xxx company and it was really great to work with. I loved the colours and the texture, take a look at the swatches and what I did with them. But instead every second sentence is plug to the company or line. I have a feeling they don't even realize they are doing this and how it has compromised their writing/blogging or the fact that their original style was why people originally followed them. Getting off my overly advertised soap box.

So the more I read the more I realize - my first finished quilt is a good while away. The plan hasn't changed, I'll work on sample blocks until I feel comfortable and then work on free motion quilting. I could use the quilting feature on machine to do a basic stippling but after seeing how quilts pop with with MacTavishing and FMQ that is where I want to go.

My to do list before next Wed.

Clean out an area to put a sewing table up.
Clean out junk filled filing cabinet - The lower drawer will remain for tax receipts and kid related (report cards, special pictures)
Wash my rarely used ironing board cover and locate my iron.
Get a ruler, shears, pins, bobbins, thread and some on sale fabric.
Finish my shredding of old bills and receipts.

No comments:

Post a Comment