Pages

Tuesday 12 February 2013

Feb 12th

Busy night last night preparing so I can jump right in when my machine arrives on Wed.

The Walmart finds have been washed, ironed and 3 quarters have been cut into 2’ squares (with the ¼’ seam allowance) It was my first time using a rotary cutter/mat and it is more work than I expected. I love that you can measure and cut directly on the mat, but I’ll be honest the rotary cut needs more pressure applied than I expected.  I did make some wonky cuts. I was sure I measured each cut and checked twice so not sure how I deviated from ¼’ to an eighth of an inch on a few squares, I think the fabric moved slightly when I was pushing down on the ruler. Granted I was working at a disadvantage the table is only a few feet high so I was sitting on my knees or on the couch making these cuts. So step one work on making exact cuts.

Next trip to the local quilt shop I'm going to pick up:
Pinking shears
More rulers
Rotary blades
Ruler grip
Compass rotary cutter
Quilting Gloves
New Iron (I think mine took too many tumbles over the years and is leaking water)
More thread (cotton for quilt tops, & embroidery)
A proper height cutting table & work space (my sweetie is working on a solution)

Wish list:
New Iron cover
GO Accuquilt cutting system



Update!! My Machine just arrived a day early!!!

I updated some of the template design on my blog - it will be a work in progress.  Decided I'm taking the plunge and publishing my posts

Which reminds me my food blog is sorely neglected. I'm going to have to pull out the old recipe book and camera and work on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment