Pages

Tuesday 12 February 2013

Feb 11th

I’m still on the hunt to understand all things quilting. I have looked at many BOM projects that are free online but seeing I haven’t done one stitch yet it is silly for me to assume I can do any of it. There are some gorgeous projects out there that I’m drooling over though. One day!!

I have settled on a sampler skill builder blocks that ran in the summer of 2012. 36 blocks all in different styles and processes. Inset seams, paper piecing, raw edge applique, curves, improv piecing to name a few.

Over the weekend I bought some fat quarters – some bought through eBay and others at Walmart on impulse when grabbing some cleaning supplies. The eBay quarters are beautiful Batiks – I have a feeling I will be spending a lot of money on these. I love the look of the material. The ones from Walmart are simple cotton and aren’t colors or patterns that normally appeal to me I was simply looking for dark/light contrasts but they are slowly growing on me. I find that when you overlay the light with the dark – the ones I wasn’t really keen on took on a whole new look. Note to self – don’t be a fabric snob.  Experiment, take chances and expect the unexpected!

No comments:

Post a Comment