Pages

Sunday 3 April 2016

Mt's Big Move

Well, the big move is done. It was harder than I ever realized it would be to leave without him. Chris had taken the truck back around 1. My dad and I stayed to finish up - Dad and Mt putting furniture together and me washing & setting up the kitchen.

When we were all done my dad turned to Mt and said ready to go? After a second or two of silence we all had a quiet laugh. For weeks we'd been focused on this day and had spent all day unpacking Mt and in that moment reality hit. From our front door to Mt's aptartment is only a 20 minute drive, but pulling away felt like he lived much further.

Mom called me shortly after dad got home and we made arrangements to take Martin out today (Sunday) to continue our search for curtains. We started off at Ikea and picked up a few things like dish rack,  plastic mat to go under computer chair but no luck on curtains. Off to Walmart, we did find curtains in colours that would work in his apartment but no ceiling mounts.

My Dad thought about a drapery store he saw in one the malls near by. We found the hardware we needed but boy they were expensive. Back to his apartment he and dad installed the curtains while mom and I did some dishes and small things. It was hard leaving again but we've left him in a really great place so I'm trying to stay focused on that.

Chris took advantage of the cold day and started working on my sewing room. He got the pin holes filled (my kids really love tacking stuff all over their walls), walls wiped down and had just started painting when I got home. By 7:30 he finished the entire first coat.

I washed the windows and scrapped the Crayola window clingers off the windows. Those were originally put up by the girls years ago. We did try taking them off at one point when Martin moved into the room but we didn't get very far - they had baked on and I was concerned I'd break the window so we left them to deal with another time and forgot abut them. Chris looked through his tools and found a razorblade scraper. It took over an hour of scrapping to get those sucker's off. It must have been loud outside, everyone who walked by looked up and waved. LOL I think they thought I was banging to get their attention. As you can see, we still have a few things to clear out of the room. Chris has some touch ups and wants to start the trim after work tomorrow. I'm hoping I'll be able to steam clean the rug Wednesday night. If things keep moving, we might be able to start moving stuff up next weekend!

Hope every has a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment