Pages

Sunday 10 April 2016

Sewing room relocation part 2 with pictures

As I mentioned last post, my sewing room prep was finished by Thursday and after work Friday we kicked into high gear to get my stuff upstairs. I had high hopes that I'd be able to fold and organize as I set up, but that was too slow with so much to move. So it was more of a whirlwind of activity of grab and stuff. By 8pm we were fizzled but we had most of big items in the new space. Pictured Chris and his constant entourage.

Friday night

Saturday morning we were back at it. As we went,  Chris suggested some changes to the arrangement of furniture - design wall covering the closet, pfaff moved between the shelves, hutch on opposite wall. The minute it was out of his mouth I could picture it because we'd pushed the pfaff against the shelves Friday night to keep the room free as we brought more up and the having that extra space kept the room feeling spacious. Saturday night I put M's Petal Patch quilt on the design wall and am feeling inspired to get working on this again. I'm really spoiled to have this space!





Tested my Internet, hardwired I got 145 mbps (megabits per second) download 11.5 mbps upload and in my new room which I currently can only use wifi... 60 mbps download and 10.5 mbps upload. Still pretty nice speeds, we will be figuring out how to get a LAN cable up from the basement to the room, but in the meantime I'll be roughing it LOL there's a prime example of a first world problem. Can you believe dial up was 56 kbps (kilobits per second) and until we became hispeed junkies that was awesome!?! I decided to try putting my monitors on the high shelf - previously my desk was switched docking station was under the shelf and monitors on the single desk. I also got rid of the keyboard tray and raised my chair. It's an easy switch back if I don't like it.



MT left his 21 inch tv, he bought a 4k 50" tv that was on sale for half price. I decided that it was all I need for my room. We attached a chromecast, connected Netflix and called it done. Chris thinks we need a a larger tv but thats not high on my priority list. On the same shelf are my Georges. I might have mentioned before I love monkeys, but I'm especially partial to Curious George receiving my first George at 4 when I went to the hospital for the first time. The three closest to the tv represent a time when I needed strength/comforting and we're given to me by my mom. The little one was the first gift my youngest R bought for me on her own - she found him at a garage sale and brought him home. The angry birds the furbabies found in the back of the closet and they thought it made a great chew toy.  That needs to go in Mt's treasure box.



My cold is at its worst today, I'm completely exhausted. My room is done and I really want to sew but I can't find the energy to cut fabric. I thought about working on hexies but I have a whack of 2.5 squares that I'm using for leaders and enders. I set my iron up right beside my sewing machine and I'm hoping these will help scratch the itch



No comments:

Post a Comment