Pages

Thursday 7 April 2016

Sewing room relocation

With MT leaving the nest, his room was up for grabs. Our home was built as a 3 bedroom with bonus family room on the upper floor. It was perfect for our large family. Originally this room was shared by the girls, Mt had the smallest room & CJ and B shared the other when they came over every second weekend. As needs changed, the 3 that lived here full time were moved into their own rooms and the basement was finished for the boys. MT grudgingly took the largest room because both girls felt it was too big. This 16 x 19 foot room is over the garage and has big windows that let's in a lot of natural light during the day. (Picture below was taken around 8:30 pm so lighting is yellowed )



One major item I want but just can't do at this time is put in hardwood flooring. So here is the plan -  as mentioned before we did a complete paint job & steam cleaned the carpet. Once carpet was dry we put up shelving on one wall. The other wall is going to be a design wall, my primary machines will be in the middle of the room and my cutting table in one corner with some shelving mounted above.


Here's where we were waffling - should I move my office upstairs and what to about lighting. Moving my office would really make my days brighter with all the natural light and I could even sit facing the window, but it's going to eat up real estate lol. This room has its own hallway leading into the room, so Chris suggested making my design wall smaller & using the hall walls for additional design walls (seeing I always have multiple projects on the go) then I can switch them out as wanted. This should give me space for my office. For lighting, he is thinking multiple overheads across the cathederal ceiling that daisy chain to the light switch.


This weekend we move everything up and find a solution for my Internet. For work I prefer to be hardwired, we have some spotty areas in the house and this room seems to be the worst. There must be something in the walls interrupting the signal ??

Unfortunately, I've been popping Advil cold and sinus pills since this morning. I have a cold starting and I'm fighting tooth and nail not to let it kick my but but I know the minute the med start wearing off and it's not pretty. Fingers crossed I can keep going because I'm hoping to have everything done by Sunday so I can get sewing :)

No comments:

Post a Comment