Pages

Wednesday 7 May 2014

Puppy love - Some progress

I've finally spent some time working on my puppy love quilt. I'm doing large waves. Some are hits, some are misses (the really bad misses were ripped and restarted). This exercise has re-enforced that for now, I'm going to work quilt as you go style as much as possible. I start off strong but lose my rhythm trying to move the quilt up. I still have the waves to do across before I start panicking thinking about binding.

The background/backing fabric for youngest's Kansas Troubles - Token of Friendship quilt has arrived. It was like a surprise bag, I'd forgotten exactly which fabrics I'd ordered within minutes of placing the order with the exception of the beige and the darkest fabric. I'm pretty sure I had meant to remove at least one of those reds. My own bad habit coming to bite me. When shopping online I tend to add a lot to the shopping cart, compare my choices from there and just remove the ones I decide to pass on. I remember paring it down earlier in the process but waffling between those reds. I know I'd check-mark the one I decided to pass on as Remove once the decision was made. I have a sneaky suspicion that I forgot to update my shopping cart one last time before clicking checkout. I think it all looks pretty good together and wish all my oops moments turned out so well. I'm more than set for this quilt and I'm sure I will have no problem finding a use for any leftover fabric.

Mother's day this coming weekend and I haven't even started on either of her quilts. While Mom knows they won't be ready for a good while yet, I would like to at least be able to show her the beginnings of one when we go for dinner Sunday night. Time to get hustling!




No comments:

Post a Comment