Pages

Saturday 17 May 2014

Not much progress

Not much to report, my quilting on my puppy love quilt continues to be a work in progress. I did get more done but still have a ways to go. I also worked on hexies for my grandmothers flower garden using Paris Flea Market while watching the season finale's of some of our favorite shows.

Chris has been on vacation for over a week & my vacation started yesterday for a week. Yesterday was our wedding anniversary, we enjoyed spending the day together doing some running around. As you can see from our wedding pictures to the left we didn't do the traditional big wedding with white dress and tuxedo's. This was a second wedding for both of us and we wanted it small and to do it our way. We got married in our house with only a few people and a bbq reception in the backyard. My girlfriend made my cake. It was a topsy turvey made to match Chris's shirt. I should have moved the flowers from behind, she had silver sprigs that you can't see coming our the top like sparklers. As beautiful as this cake looked it tasted even better. One layer banana chocolate chip, one butter-cream and the top was chocolate.

With the kids off to school, we headed out to the garden center and about 15 minutes in the rain started. Soaked to the skin we bought what we had on our cart (2 Ivy's for the front of the house) and drove to Lowe's. We did get the pieces for a fence we've been talking about for awhile for the back garden, but with the rain neither of us were really in the frame of mind to make any decisions for flowers and greenery. We did quite a bit of running around  here and there stopping for a late lunch before making our way home. It was a wonderful day despite the rainy weather.




 One of those trips was to the Fabric store. It's closing in a month for renovations so everything is 60% off. I couldn't resist and bought this minky to pair up with my denim quilt. Chris picked out and bought me the scissors. They were atrociously expensive even with the discount as an anniversary gift.
The fabric below is for Chris. He bought an Elna Supermatic for $10. a few weeks ago. After a clean, oil and some tweaking it is running like a dream. My scrap bucket has taken a beating so he decided it was time to get some fabric of his own. From his selections I'm sure you can guess who picked out the fabric on my Puppy love quilt. LOL

Lots to do this week with both of us off, not sure if I'm going to get much time in my sewing room though. Fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment