Pages

Sunday 18 May 2014

Backyard haven


I didn't think to take a a before picture but let me tell you, just a few touches and some flowers and our backyard went from tired and worn out to feeling like a shiny new penny.

Chris and I spent the morning putting up our no dig fence to keep the dogs out of the back garden. Not much going on in there other than a small clamatis (it's second year), our dwarf cherry tree, my lillies and the hanging pots. We are slowly replacing the soil so next year can plant strawberries, raspberries, and whatever vegetables we can find in that back garden.

We put down the sod in the corners, went out and bought flowers and cleaned out and refilled all our pots with new soil and flower seeds. I tend to over fill my side garden, I just love that instant pop of color.

We still need to do something about the bbq area. Chris feels all it needs is some river rock, while I'd like a platform of some kind. We'll see. I'll take a picture again in a month or so when my Clamatis's are in full bloom. This is our little piece of  heaven.

Off to see what we can do in the front. Fingers crossed it turns out as nice. Once that's done maybe I can find some sewing time.

No comments:

Post a Comment