Pages

Saturday 11 January 2014

Saturday Sewin

Look what I came in the mail this week ... all 12 of the Paris Flea Market candy packs I ordered. I took them out and flipped through then put them back in the plastic bag. While I want to jump right in I'm going to hold off until I get some of my works in progress finished.





Work is back to it's crazy pace. So today looking outside at the ice covered roads, I stayed put in my comfy pj's and hit the sewing room.  Looking around I didn't know where to start. So many decisions what to work on, Puppy Love (the name is starting to stick) needs the back fixed, scrappy 9 patch needs to be sewn together, the Christmas table runners finished (but I work on those in the evenings in front of the tv with my honey) so decided to update my blog. I am a master in the arts of procrastination and indecision.

I've seen quite a few people are making wall hangings based on their word of the year. This is being encouraged by 
15 minutes of play I really love my word and have received fabric in the Bargain Hunters fabric of the month club from this month (pictured) and previous months that would work. I'll be honest, I've lost the confidence I had when I started this experiment journey. It's funny I just did it without questioning that it would turn out perfectly, now I second guess everything.

Looking back I think it happened when I attempted to quilt the Puppy Love quilt. More than anything I became best friends with my stitch ripper than made any progress. I think the only way to get my confidence back is to jump back in, take chances and just do it.

Previous Months Bargain hunter fabric- Doesn't it make you feel happy?

 On a weather note: Chris is took advantage of the break in the deep freeze last week to take a look at our snowblower. He got it fixed in time for what the forecast said was going to be a major dumping. Since it's been up and running we've had less than a dusting of snow. Murphy's Law strikes again. At least we know it's ready if we need it.

My 365 days of Happy pictures is not going as planned. I can come up with the ideas I'm just not doing well getting around to taking the actual pictures.

Week 1 - candles in my last post
Week 2 - a nice hot cup of coffee in my love mug (this mug was given to me by my son on my birthday)

He is so sweet but he's not home a lot between college (full-time), work (part-time) and girlfriend (most of his free time). He gave me the mug telling me if I need a hug, just use the mug because it's full of all of his love.





Still haven't figured what I'm going to work on, guess I'll just sit surrounded by my fabric and let inspiration hit me.

No comments:

Post a Comment