Pages

Wednesday 1 January 2014

New year, renewed focus.

Start of 2014 and a small finish!! Maybe this will be the year I will actually finish what I start! Wouldn't that be a fabulous thing!


I lined up the front and back with the thermal batting in between and pressed the folds as I went. It took longer and was a bit more fussy than when I sewed right sides together and flipped but the overall results made that extra time worth it. Again I tied the batting down and think this is the way to keep going to get the result I'm happy with. The thought of doing this with larger projects seem a bit daunting but I think if I'm meticulous with pinning I'll be ok.

I also decided this year I will take a picture a day of things that make me happy. Shouldn't be too hard ... right!?! LOL hopefully it won't be a year of taking pictures of the same few things repeated over and over again.

So my first picture is of a candle. Candles are very soothing to me. I tend to gravitate towards baking smells - vanilla, cinnamon, pumpkin spices over strong perfume/flowery scents. Comfort food for the senses.

1 comment: