Pages

Monday 1 May 2017

May already

I have no clue where last month went. I haven't made much progress on Madi's quilt since last post but I have to say, I've been whipping through hexies at a good rate. I've been working on them each evening while spending time with the family. All the the middles (25 in total) are done and I started surrounding them in black. I was going to try to make each into square blocks and orient them all going in different directions. I obviously didn't think this through completely (surprise, surprise) they aren't going to turn out into a perfectly centered square block size.



I'm discouraged its not going to be how I envisioned it. Truthfully,  it's all I can do not to put these aside and start on my next hexie project. Whats stopping me is I still haven't decided if it's going to be a star pattern or grandmothers flower garden (minus the extra border). I already bought the fabric Early Bird by Kate Spain. I do love anything stars but I think this fabric in a mass of flowers would be stunning.


Plans are still underway for our vacation reno projects and I'm getting more excited about it as it gets closer. It has gotten me thinking about other little touches we can make around the house to spruce it up. Like new lighting fixtures in the bedrooms, rearranging furniture to maximize our space (we really need to do a major purge first - seriously where does all this stuff come from?!?). We also found an incredible sink on sale that would really change the look of our powder room, but we'll see about that. Most importantly, I think we have finally decided on a new paint colour for the main living spaces (which I'm already starting to second guess). I will show you after its all done. As for my sewing room, it will stay the pale pink we painted last year. I can't believe it's been a year already since Martin moved to his own apartment... and yes his quilt is still waiting for me to sandwich and quilt it. I swear it's next on the list.

No comments:

Post a Comment