Pages

Sunday 9 April 2017

Madi's Petal Patch blunder

Spring has sprung in Ottawa!!  This past week was rainy and between 3-10°C , today 17° and Monday they are foecasting 22°! Thats 62 and 71 F for all those in US


I didn't get as much time spent in the sewing room as I was hoping for the past few weeks, but I did get a good chunk of the pinwheels cut and sewn into hst's last weekend for Madi's quilt. I got all the pinwheels made yesterday and started sewing them on today.

Now for the blunder- On Wednesday after work I was putting together a few more hst's to make the pinwheels and checking they were correct size once together. Then started thinking (never a good thing). So these pinwheels are 5 1/2 which will be ... WAIT!! I need them 5 1/2 finished (insert your favorite expletive here because I probably said it at least once). So back to basic math which got me in this mess to begin with if I add small strips between each pinwheel that will work. Crisis averted but sadly it took awhile to come up with that. Having to fudge it as I go it's slower moving but it's coming along :) I'm hoping to get some time in this week to get the 3rd and 4th sides on before the weekend.

As I mentioned last post, Reeg's quilt design continues to weigh heavy on my mind... no decisions yet. When talking to her she mentioned one of her friends is moving soon and she was hoping to make her a house warming quilt.. yes you read that correctly - she wants to make a quilt! I have heard this before so we'll have to wait and see.



I've started picking at hexies in evenings again. I have no clue what I'm going to do with these but I just enjoy the process of sewing these little piece together. I would love to try the other shapes and actually finish something. I currently have 3 hexie projects in progress at different stages but then get so far in and then it starts I should have done ... I didn't get enough fabric, what was I thinking when I... you get the picture.

The countdown to my holidays is on - 5 weeks & 4 days to go! At this time our plan is to tackle some bigger projects on our honey-do list. More on that when it happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment