Pages

Sunday 13 March 2016

Binding blues

Thursday night I was supposed to baste and start quilting D's stars. Instead I added another row. What was I thinking??  In all honesty Chris came home looked at it and said what I been pretending not to see - it looked uneven. 6x5 rows not 6x6 that I'd originally planned. Why the change,  because my batting which was supposed to be 60 by 60 wasn't - it was short in one direction so when I realized that it wouldn't fit I stopped making the joining pieces for that row and put the extra patches and corners to the side. With everything cut and ready to go that last row went together quickly.

Got up early on Friday and got the backing ready before work and was spray basted using a trimmed down queen size batting I had in my stash during my lunch hour. After work started quilting, I was on a roll until  around 11 when something felt off. I took a peak at the underside of the quilt and discovered a big wrinkle. Stitch ripping until 1:30 am. There was still a slight wrinkle but much better. Picked it back up first thing Saturday morning, it was ready for binding at 2 pm.... there was no way I could bind and wash/dry the quilt in under 2 hours. I'm a bit bummed I didn't get it done by Saturday night but also happy that I get to spend a bit more time with this quilt. I play with the idea of making another exactly the same to keep for myself but I think I need to work on something else.

Sunday was a lazy day. I did get some of the binding done, ripped, done and ripped gain. I don't know why it's just not working for me. Alarm set early tomorrow again. Hopefully I can figure it out before work at 8

No comments:

Post a Comment