Pages

Wednesday 10 February 2016

Figuring it out

After my last post I couldn't get the idea that the Splendid Sampler needs patterned fabric out of my head and wondered if I could find a bundle that mached what I was envisioning.


See what I found!! 1930's Reproductions in 10 FQ bundle pack. I'm really hoping that the fabric choices are comparable with what is currently in stock in 1930's selection on the website. I know it's a crap shoot but this whole sampler is a complete mystery so maybe this is the right way to go... or maybe not. Time will tell. I also picked up a few mini bolts. I didn't go Black instead went for Charcoal & picked up another White and Snow (these have become staples in my sewing room). Orders rarely take more than a few days from this store so my pkg should arrive just in time for the first block. So here is the plan until I change my mind again, white as background, charcoal as my dark and a mix of patterned and solids for the medium. A few hours later basking in my purchase I realized I messed up on the previous calculations ...we need a total of 30-35 FQ's total for Splendid Sampler so if I bought all 35 FQ's that would have been $175 + tax. I'm still happy with my purchase and can't wait for next Sunday!

Farmers wife quilt revival 1st pattern ordered and received. I really am itching to work on this but D's Stars needed some TLC first.
Saturday I was in the sewing room by noon. Turned on home reno shows and got moving. Sunday, I was able to put some time before the Superbowlers arrived but its slow going. Now that I've got a bunch of the squares for the stars cut it should move a bit faster right? I really like the way this is turning out! There is one seam that slightly puckered and am probably going to rip it before I join to the next section..

I think this will be rows of 5×5. Other than MT's quilt this is the first time I've made a quilt larger than the 45 x 60 batting size allowed.  Up until last summer I thought pre packaged batting only came in craft, baby, queen and king sized only. I'd buy my batting at Fabricland when they had 50% off sales and thats the size Warm & Natural comes in. Fast forward to last summer when the LQS had a sale on batting. What do I see lap sized batting 60 x 60. After much discussion I bought bamboo batting. So it leaves the question are all the quilts I've made actually considered baby quilts? What makes a lap quilt?

On the to do list this week, buy two binders, clear binder sheet protctors to keep the patterns organized and get farmers wife book spiral bound.



No comments:

Post a Comment