Pages

Wednesday 23 December 2015

Christmas 2015 post

Christmas is almost here. It will be a green Christmas this year, 9 (48 F) today, 16 (60 F) Christmas Eve and 5 (41 F) Christmas Day. No snow for Christmas in Canada's capital city ... crazy!   Our shopping is almost done, just a few odds and ends left. We did things a bit differently this year, we wrapped as we went and added the presents to the tree. Usually we spend Christmas Eve wrapping and we don't put any presents under the tree until then. Looking at that pile it boggles my mind I was ever worried/stressed what to buy. We are having Christmas dinner at my mother's on Christmas day. I don't know how she does it a hot meal with all the trimmings for 20. I love having Christmas dinner at her house, they have lived in the house over 50 years, and no matter where I've lived or the memories built in my own life, her house is home. My mom is the heart of our family, she watched my kids when I went back to work and is always there for any of us in any way she can. She has an incredible relationship with all her grandchildren, she is my inspiration.

I haven't gotten much done on my Christmas quilt, I'm working on the stockings, the wreaths are done. I love how this is turning out. Hoping to get some time today after a bit of cleaning.

Wishing you all a very Happy Holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment