Pages

Tuesday 23 June 2015

No progress but new goodies


As I mentioned a few weeks ago Chris and his dad did a whirlwind trip to visit his brother in Edmonton. Before he left I had him set up an instagram so he could take pictures as he went. I'll be honest I suck with social media. I rarely check Facebook,  never tweet even though I have an account, I'm slightly better with instagram but haven't figured out the #. I see people hash tagging everything and wonder how do you know what to hash tag?? So I asked my daughter apparently everything & anything is a valid hash tag...

Chris is already back home and i have no progress to show. I should have worked on my girls quilts but once I was done work each evening I gravitated upstairs and didn't go back down again til the next morning. I really need to keep working on these. Over a year since I bought the fabric and the girls just want them done. The extra Bali pops Parrot fabric for Mineral Springs came in weeks ago. I could have gone back to that -only a few rows for a completed top but felt it was important to keep concentrating on the girls quilts. I would love to have these done by end of summer at the latest.



While away Chris dragged his dad, brother and sister in law to a local quilt shop Earthly Goods Quilting. The ladies were all really helpful and sweet. They showed them how the long arm worked and kept them interested. He bought me a layer cake Zen Chic Reel Time and The Adventures of the Amazing Alphabet book by Pam Holland (Pictured are a few of my favorite blocks). We are going to work on this together. The funny thing about the fabric is I already have a layer cake and jelly roll of this line but was kicking myself for not getting more so I could make a decent sized quilt. The minute I saw this fabric a few months back I immediately new this would be a quilt for my son M (who is 6 foot something and celebrated his champagne birthday yesterday 22 on the 22nd). For now it's waiting in the ever growing line



#balipops #quilting #reeltime

No comments:

Post a Comment