Pages

Friday 23 August 2013

Excitement arrived in the mail

I received the first of my online purchases deliveries today.

Aspen Frost Candy packs

Block of the Month - Kona Solids
Sew Sisters candy packs (Moda's Morris Apprentice and Aspen Frost) and my 3 block of the month fabric. I didn't receive the Aspen Frost charm pack but on the order I said to send what they had. They modified my charge for the items I actually received.

Block of the Month - Bargain Hunter
I have to admit the fabric I received for the Bargain hunter 10 Fat quarters is not something I would ever choose, but after I got over the migraine inducing colors and patterns initial surprise of the bold choices I noticed how the colors compliment each other I see endless possibilities. Guess this is what I needed to give me a shove out of my muted comfort zone...


Still waiting for my 1" Hexie die & jelly rolls.





Block of the Month - Batik
On Sunday I got a lot of the rows for the 9 patch sewn up (in rows of 3) only 4 more stacks of 3 rows to go (16 squares per stack or broken down further 192 squares ). Then I can move on to turning those rows of 3 into 9. I know there is a much more simple way - I could have sewn the lengths and then cut each at 2.5 intervals and voila 1 full row but that occurred to me after I'd already cut everything. Lesson for next time.

I'm going to break into the Apprentice candy packs this weekend. Separate into 42 piles of 7 matching squares. I calculated 6 squares are needed for the middle ring and 1 for another's center which will give me the 42 unique patterns. I will need 504 hexies for the outer ring which is where the neutral jelly rolls come in. I did a quick count of 18 white are needed to surround each flower so 756? 294 + 504 + 756 = 1554 That's a whole lot of Hexagon's and I'm itching to get started!!



I'd better click post before I forget. Have an incredible weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment