Pages

Friday 20 July 2018

It's been awhile...

Wow over a year since my last post. I wish I could say that I have a bunch of quilts to show you but the truth is I did nothing up to a few weeks ago. I hadn't even looked at my favorite blogs. What got me out of my funk? I don't know. Could be a combination of things, I'm not sure.

A co-worker unexpectedly passed away at the end of last month. He left a wife, 14 and 3 yr old daughters. To say I'm devastated is an understatement. He was the most soft spoken person I've ever met. The project we work on is a nightmare, has been since day one and for over 4 years we'd been partners in crime. He was the good cop to my bad. Though we'd only met once in person 10 yrs ago we worked closely together and I miss him daily. His death has put a few things in perspective in my own life.

DH got a new job at the beginning of June and now works Mon-Fri 9-5 about 10 minutes from our house. Quite a difference from 3 13's an hour away. He used to be in bed by 8 and out the door before 5. We rarely saw each other days he was on shift. This new job has him doing a variety of things and he's one of 9 employees which is a big change from the corporation's he's worked for the past 25+ years. He is in love with his job & I couldn't be happier for him! With this job there is a sewing aspect that was previously sent out. Chris loves sewing, so he decided to take this on.  In trying to figure out the best method long story short I ended up pitching in to get a job done. It felt soooo good to run that fabric through my machine.

From there I started picking up fabric but nothing spoke to me.

Then I saw a piece of the Laundry Basket Cold Spell in my scrap pile. I have a full jelly roll and charm pack left from goddaughters quilt. I love this fabric. After a few false starts and some wasted strips I decided to make my favorite ... yep I started making simple stars.

There is a gap between base of the points, I probably should have cut my charms down but I love them. Imperfect but beautiful. From there I've started catching up on my favorite blogs, some have taken a hiatus but others are still going strong. I've already started mentally planning the next 2 quilts for when this one is done. I've got the itch back!

Only 2 weeks away from annual vacation. I'm hoping to put a dent in this one and get to quilting my kids tops that have been sitting waiting for me to get my act together. If I bring the top, batting and backing to my mom's, she loves helping with the pinning so if I get organized & stay on this motivated train I probably can have them done before I go back to work. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment