Pages

Sunday 1 January 2017

Happy 2017!!


This year will be a better year. In order for that to happen I need to make some changes. Some of these changes are the same as previous years - get organized, lose 10 (or more) pounds, exercise daily, eat healthier ...  others are more related to the past few years. Somewhere along the way I lost my happy. I used to be the first to laugh at myself. During stressfull times at work, I used to tell my boss the glass is half-full and there is a full bottle on the table and we'd get through. I'm not saying I didn't have moments, but they just made me dig in harder to solve the issue always with a positive attitude. Thats how I lived in all aspects of my life. So it's time to start re-evaluating and find that happy positive me again. Some I can put down as actual tasks, others are mindset.

I've decided to start small so its not overwhelming and build from there.
For the next 365 days I will make time daily to have:
15 minutes of sewing related activity epp hexies/cutting/sewing
15 minutes of exercise (preferably outside of the house)
15 minutes of cleaning/organizing something (junk drawer, closets, etc)
Track my food - making smarter choices (this includes cutting back my coffee consumption)

Once per week (minimum)
Write a blog post
Bake or cook something that's not our usual 'easy night' meal
Take a picture of something that makes me happy

The biggest thing for this year is to stop allowing others negativity/issues affect me at work and at home. If others don't want to do their job that's on them, I'll do what I can to help and if it gets passed on to me thats what I'm paid for. If someone wants to bitch/moan I don't need to take their baggage on myself. I don't have to compromise myself or my thoughts/feelings in order to try to placate others.

I've discovered that negativity is a very tangible thing. When others start adding to my stress or whining or huffing or stomping or bitching, I can feel my chest start to tighten, my face and ears start to burn, my mood immediately changes, I start eating junk and a headache is soon to follow. No more!

This seems like a bit of a bummer post but actually it's a post of hope. 2017 WILL be a better year because I'll make changes within myself that bring positivity back in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment