Pages

Tuesday 7 April 2015

wall hanging progress


I came across katies-quilt-pattern from the Missouri Star Quilt Co a few weekends ago while looking for a nice pattern for my wall hanging. It wasn't until I started putting it together that I realized its very similar to my Puppy Love quilt, only combinations of 4 patches instead of solid blocks and a bigger scale. (center block is 8.5, puppy love was 5.5) Apparently, there is something about the blocks and stars that appeals to me over and over.

I was struggling with bobbin issues that caused tension problems and continuous thread breaking.  We've got it fixed now. Some of the blocks on the top row turned out wonky - not sure what I did or didn't do (probably has to do with my lack of patience the past few weeks). Sometimes I wonder if I try for wonky if the blocks will be less so... I have been productive though, picking away at the wall hanging a bit each day. I'm about a quarter way through quilting. Hope to have it done by this weekend.

I've begun laying out mineral springs using Bali pops -Parrot and really like how it's looking so far. I haven't been ignoring my hexies, there has been some progress on my table runner. I love how it's turning out but it's slow going.

Back to work today after a lovely 4 day weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment